Hello

 I'm having a problem when running a program that forks a child.
The program handles SIGCHLD with its own function that calls waitpid().
So the program thinks that when SIGCHLD is raised then the child is terminated.
But the parent gets SIGCHLD even if the child is still running and then
the following happens - The child is doing its job but the parent
calls the SIGCHLD handler and gets into waitpid() (although it shouldn't !)

SIGNAL(3) manual page says:
     Name            Default Action          Description

     SIGCHLD         discard signal          child status has changed

Does this mean that SIGCHLD is not only raised when the process is terminated ?
And does it mean, "always ignore SIGCHLD and never trust it" ?
And what does this mean "child status has changed" ? When is it changed ?

thanks

P.S. Please include my mail when replying.