On Mar 16, 2008, at 3:02 PM, Mel wrote:

On Sunday ١٦ March ٢٠٠٨ ٢١:٠٣:٢٧ Incoming Mail List wrote:

I think I can answer this one.  Perhaps, not enough disk space?  See,
the "Where is packages-٦.٢-release" for more context.  You know, disk
space isn't infinite...uh-huh.

Easy to bitch, ain't it?
Make an iso-dvd then and provide the space and bandwidth.

I hope they never release a DVD officially, cause it'll mean that ٨٠% of
what's downloaded then will never ever be used, yet it does use up the
bandwidth on every new release. Stick to windows if you believe that's a
proper use of resources.

Well, since the OP just wants a DVD version, and not specifically a version that's too big to fit on a CD, why not just create a DVD iso that contains just enough to install?

Personally, I wonder why there isn't a ISO image that'll install FreeBSD somewhat in a Gentoo concept, format the disk(s), download the source, csup and install from the source(good for someone wanting to follow -STABLE instead of -RELEASE), install and csup the ports tree, and good to go.

Anyway, odds are the OP wants to try out PCBSD instead of FreeBSD. I don't see much purpose in home use live cd's if you don't want a desktop environment.

--
Mel

    and never get to the software part.