Hello,

Tobias Kirschstein pisze:

On Fri, 25 Apr 2008 22:20:35 +0200
Roger Olofsson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Tobias Kirschstein skrev:
> hi,
> > i'm looking for a small tool to query the current network traffic
> (kb IN and OUT) per interface. is there any sysctl or tool which
> gives me a similar output to "systat -ifstat":
> > /0 /1 /2 /3 /4 /5 /6 /7 /8 /9 /10
>      Load Average
> Total lo0  in      0.000 KB/s          0.000 KB/s          226.079
> KB out     0.000 KB/s          0.000 KB/s          226.079 KB
> > wpi0 in 0.000 KB/s 0.000 KB/s
> 164.577 MB out     0.000 KB/s          0.000 KB/s            6.205
> MB
> > the background:
> unfortunately the network monitor build into superkaramba does not
> work for freebsd, os i want to write a widget which uses sysctl or
> any other tool if available got get this information. systat is not
> appropriate to be used because it does not terminate on its own as
> i see.

Hello,

If you want something more of a web service you could install SNMP
from ports and use Cacti (also from ports). See http://www.cacti.net/
for a quick glance at what you'll get.

thanks to all for your suggestions. i looked into the tools but
unfortunately none was simple enough so that its output could be easily
parsed and used as a superkaramba sensor. finally i came across
"ifstat" (also from ports) which seems to be what i was looking for,
but nevertheless thanks for your help :)

I hope I am not stealing the thread by asking an additional question. Thanks to this thread I discovered :) systat -ifstat and other switches. Does such data like below survive reboots?

 re0  in      8.062 KB/s         13.414 KB/s            1.987 GB
        out    21.561 KB/s         53.346 KB/s            3.043 GB

Thanks!

--
Zbigniew Szalbot
www.lc-words.com