John Carri wrote:
Earlier I wrote:

....CVSup no longer terminates but
goes on and on and on for days on end with "inactivity timeout" and "will
retry" messages every 90 minutes or so. I have a pretty fast network
connection to the internet, about 250 kB/S on a good day. I have made no
changes to my cvs-supfile, still using RELENG_4 as before.  Here's a
snippet of output from running cvsup -g -L2 ~/cvs-supfile :

------------------------------
	Cliff Sarginson and Kent Stewart sent me replies saying essentially:

Try another mirror site.
-------------------
I have. In fact I tried four different ones. Same result as before, every time:

--------output from cvsup follows----------------
FreeBSD_box# cvsup -g -L 2 ~/cvs-supfile
Parsing supfile "/root/cvs-supfile"
Connecting to cvsup10.FreeBSD.org
Connected to cvsup10.FreeBSD.org
Server software version: SNAP_16_1e
Negotiating file attribute support
Exchanging collection information
Establishing multiplexed-mode data connection
Running
Cleaning up ...
Inactivity timeout
Will retry at 12:31:55
Retrying
Connecting to cvsup10.FreeBSD.org
Connected to cvsup10.FreeBSD.org
Server software version: SNAP_16_1e
Negotiating file attribute support
Exchanging collection information
Establishing multiplexed-mode data connection
Running
Cleaning up ...
Inactivity timeout
Will retry at 12:58:38
Retrying
Connecting to cvsup10.FreeBSD.org
Connected to cvsup10.FreeBSD.org
Server software version: SNAP_16_1e
Negotiating file attribute support
Exchanging collection information
Establishing multiplexed-mode data connection
Running
-----------end cvsup output snippet------------------------

And so on. It appears that the process of downloading patches completes, cvsup hits the "Cleaning up" phase, then fails to terminate and does the whole thing over and over and over.

Any suggestions?
This is a shot in the dark but ...
Do you have a firewall and/or any type of filtering that could be
causing problems?

--
Bill Moran
Potential Technologies