John Carri wrote:
Earlier I wrote about my never-ending CVSups:

And so on. It appears that the process of downloading patches completes,
cvsup hits the "Cleaning up" phase, then fails to terminate and does the
whole thing over and over and over.

Any suggestions?

-------------------------------------
Bill Moran suggests:

	 This is a shot in the dark but ...
Do you have a firewall and/or any type of filtering that could be
causing problems?
--------------------------------------
CVSup worked fine a couple of weeks ago, and I haven't changed anything on my FreeBSD box since the last successful CVSup, other than trying several different cvsup sources today. I'm on a school network, though, and it's possible that the network administrators have changed something campus-wide.
Any way I could diagnose if this is the problem?
Perhaps running tcpdump while cvsup is running and see if packets are going
unanswered.
You might also contact your campus IT folks and see if they'll talk to you.
You wouldn't think they'd intentionally block cvsup.

FWIW, I just tried building a port (CUPS), and that worked just fine, so FTP transfers do not seem to be a problem.
CVSUP doesn't use FTP or FTP ports (to my knowledge).

--
Bill Moran
Potential Technologies