Steve Bertrand wrote:
The reason for this is so I can make my boxes much smaller and much faster (no hdd i/o).

1. Is it possible to do a custom r/o install of Free onto a CD?
2. Is it possible to run FreeBSd out of memory with no hdd?
This is a novice wondering out loud: To keep things
small, is it possible to use the new memory cards
(for digital cameras) instead of a hard drive? The
capacity on those is getting pretty large.  Then
you could drop even the CD. (I hoping to see them
completely replace floppies, even as a boot device,
some day.)

Walter