--On Thursday, May 01, 2008 13:45:32 -0400 John <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Can someone direct me to where the MySQL transaction logs are stored?  I am
running FreeBSD 6.1 with MySql 5.0.41 which I installed from ports, no extra
config.  From what I've read online, unless you disable them (which I
couldn't find in the makefile) the logs should be being created.  Doing a
find / --name "bin." Didn't turn up anything.

/var/db/mysql/hostname-bin.number
/var/db/mysql/hostname-bin.index
/var/db/mysql/hostname.err

And if you've enabled query logging (stores passwords in plain text!)
/var/db/mysql/query.log

--
Paul Schmehl ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
Senior Information Security Analyst