Glyn Millington wrote:
Kris Kennaway <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

Glyn Millington wrote:
FreeBSD 7.0 release, ports currently up-to-date

Trying to launch Linux Open Office 2.4 I get the following error message

,----
| /usr/compat/linux/opt/openoffice.org2.4/program/soffice.bin: error while
| invalid
`----

Now I *think* that what it ought to load is
/usr/compat/linux/usr/X11R6/lib/libXext.so.6

but it goes for the FreeBSD X extension lib instead.

Can anyone help me to fix this?
kldload linux

or build it into your kernel.

Thanks Kris - trouble is its already there!

glynthebearded# kldload linux
kldload: can't load linux: File exists

(via rc.conf)

Is it possible to use libmap.conf to persuade  a Linbux binary to use a
Linux library, or is that not the way to go?

No, that is not necessary. Next thing to check is that /usr/X11R6 is before /usr/local in your linux ldconfig search path.

Kris