Glyn Millington wrote:
Mel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

On Tuesday 13 May 2008 14:05:43 Glyn Millington wrote:
Trying to launch Linux Open Office 2.4 I get the following error
message ,----

| /usr/compat/linux/opt/openoffice.org2.4/program/soffice.bin: error
| while loading shared libraries: /usr/local/lib/libXext.so.6: ELF
| file OS ABI invalid

`----
that include statement leads to /usr/X11R6

Wow - can I just check that I have this right before I do it?!

Best fix:
rm /usr/X11R6

get rid of /usr/X11R6, which on a system-wide basis is a link to /usr/local

Any suggestion that involves touching files outside of /compat/linux is wrong ;)

Kris