As far as I understand from the following sentence taken from the link you are pointing and the text following it:

"...Many systems don't require an MBR or GPT, and even PCs don't require it if booting and inter-operating with other OS's is not required. The next limit that comes in, though, is with the BSD disklabel..."

I understand that I could have up to 8 slices of 2 Tb, with partitions (disklabel ones) inside each slice with up to 2Tb.

Is that correct?

What do you think about using this scheme and then join all them with vinum on a software raid-0 array?

Thanks a lot for your time and help.

Julien Cigar escribió:
You cannot use fdisk slices/partitions with disks over 2TB. For those
GPT should be used. More info is available from here :
http://www.freebsd.org/projects/bigdisk