# [EMAIL PROTECTED] / 2003-02-12 14:52:49 -0500:
> Howdy!
>
>       Some hardware will not boot FreeBSD from SCSI disks unless
> the disk is formated and labled in "dedicated mode".

    interesting. all I see is backpedalling from dangerously dedicated
    disks in /stand/sysinstall and elsewhere, and the article you linked
    below says

    "Remember, dedicated mode disks sometimes cannot be booted by the PC
    architecture."

> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/articles/formating-media/x65.html
>
>       In general SCSI disk that only contain FreeBSD should be
> formated/labled in "dedicated mode" IMHO.

    what source do you have this information from?