Quoting Tom Ierna <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

On Jun 1, 2008, at 5:13 PM, Joshua Isom wrote:

To be able to mount your iPhone, you're going to have to essentially void the warranty and risk turning it into a pretty paperweight. It sucks, but that's the way it is. But at least you can charge your iPhone using FreeBSD.

If using libgpod through gtkpod only requires the iPhone be jailbroken, the above is not true. Jailbreaking your iPhone does not void the warranty, and there is very little chance of bricking it by just jailbreaking it. Bricking used to be an issue when mucking with the radio firmware, but jailbreaking doesn't touch that stuff.

To jailbreak an iPhone, check out http://ziphone.org/

Hi Tom. Thanks for the link and clarification. AFAIK, my iPhone is "Jailbroken" because I'm using it on a Mexican carrier, TelCel and if I understand correctly, it would have to be to use the TelCel chip.

Ziphone is a bit slow but I'm going to go through it and see if I can find the reason why I'm not able to get a mountable device created.

Thanks again for your help,

ed

You will need either a Windows or Mac to do the Jailbreak though.

--
Tom Ierna
President