--On Tuesday, June 10, 2008 15:32:45 -0600 Chad Perrin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 03:34:59PM -0500, Paul Schmehl wrote:
--On Tuesday, June 10, 2008 16:23:32 -0400 Andrew Berry
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On 10-Jun-08, at 1:07 PM, Paul Schmehl wrote:
>
>> Andrew, maybe you could send a signed message, state in the body
>> that it was signed, and then I can look at the headers and tell you
>> what's going on.
>
> Here is a message which has been signed.

There's no sig attached, so it's getting stripped off somewhere.
This line in the headers looks to be the culprit:

That will strip all attachments, including S/MIME.

My PGP signatures seem to come through just fine, however.

Yes it did.  And it appears that this is the reason:

Andrew's is like this:
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 16:23:32 -0400

Notice that his was processed through MIMEDefang twice and then Content Filtered by Mailman. Also, his content type is protocol="application/pkcs7-signature" whereas yours is "application/pgp-signature".

There's also no Content-Disposition: line in Andrew's email headers, so it's possible that absence of that line makes a difference as well.

By default, it appears that Mailman does not do content filtering. It also has pass rules (if filtering is enabled) for multipart/mixed, multipart/alternative and text/plain. So, it's possible that MIMEDefang is the culprit instead.

--
Paul Schmehl
As if it wasn't already obvious,