On Sat, Jun 14, 2008 at 12:56:56AM -0400, Sahil Tandon wrote:
> Gary Kline <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> >     After a long time, I've got phpbb configured into mysql.
> >     I've downloaded phpBB2 and installed it.  My notes from
> >     2003 fail here; it may be because my apache-2 isn't configured.
>
> What notes?  What fails and how?  Show error output and logs.
>
> >     Cann anybody clue me in?
>
> Only if you provide background, a better description of the problem and the
> steps you've taken to troubleshoot it.  When seeking help on this list, you
> should follow this advice:

        I've read Greg's advice page; I did google for instructions OR
        tutorial on installling phpbb2 , freebsd

        and foundnothing helpful. Since I did create the mysql lines,
        my'03 notes suggested tha it was timeto point my browser at the
        BBS.  aristotle is a jail without X so I used lynx.

        The only thing I seemto remember is that in 2003, phpBB2 was
        installed withthe data directory, /usr/local/www/data/
        Now itis installed in theweb ``root'' irectory, /usr/local/www

        Below is what happened with lynx.

p4 22:05 <Jail:: aristotle> [2672] lynx http://localhost/phpBB2/
                                                            404 Not Found
                               Not Found

  The requested URL /phpBB2/ was not found on this server.

        gary

        PS: Last time I was using apache13.  I don't understand very much
            about apache22.  But looks like I'd better get busy... .