Pietro Cerutti wrote:

| No, I do not have it. Do you suppose I should? I have other devices and
| nodes coming up alright -- including mapping for different loopback
| devices as well.

Well, the os doesn't receive link up notifications from the interface..
I fear is not as simple as devd, but you can't give it a try, it won't
hurt...

| Thanks

Dear Pietro

Did that, and nothing happened. The OS is still not going anywhere -- i.e., not responding to ifconfig up or down instructions, and response from ifconfig re0 remains the same. As suggested by Abdullah, I will try to cvsup with RELENG_7 and rebuild the world/kernel. Let's see what happens.

Thanks to all.