Hello,
I am using FreeBSD-7.0-RELEASE and an intel 2100 wireless mini-pci
card.  The wireless connection is to a linksys router which then
connects to a second router that acts as a DHCP server and gateway.

The commands I use to start are the following:
wpa_supplicant -D bsd -i ipw0 -c /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf -B
ifconfig ipw0 192.168.x.x
route add default gateway_ip

I have no problem with establishing a connection, in fact that works
quite easily.  After a period of time, I realize that I have no
Internet access.  I can ping the wireless router, but not the
DHCP/gateway nor any outside IP.

When I check to see if wpa_supplicant is running, I see that it is not.
Restarting wpa_supplicant and resetting the routing table reestablishes
all connections. Is there some reason that wpa_supplicant would stop
running?

As a side note, macosx seems to have no problems with this
configuration on a different machine.