Hi there,

I've been playing with a new FB7.0 setup (using the standard iso
distribution), and trying to create some vlans by doing cloning via
the rc.conf "cloned_interfaces" command - but that fails.  (I'm using
bce interfaces on a HP bl760c blade, if that makes any difference)

Doing manual testing of "ifconfig xyz0 create" causes the error
"ifconfig: SIOCIFCREATE2: Invalid argument" error to come up and the
interface then doesn't get created.

Has anyone gotten this error at all, and how did you get it resolved?

My digging further shows that a patch was committed to
src/sys/net/if_clone.c (rev 1.11) which adds a new argument for
parameter data to the if_clone_create() function.

But it looks like src/sys/net/if.c has not been updated to provide
this new parameter data to the if_clone_create function call, thereby
failing the call, and not setting the interface up.

Any help or pointing in the right direction would be appreciated!

Thanks,
  Ross.