tethys ocean wrote:
Hi

I ve got 6.3 stable database server.  Can i directly upgrade my server from
6.3 to 7.0

*default release=cvs tag=RELENG_6

*default release=cvs tag=.

and also may i add ZFS to my server if such kind of update succsessfull.  is
it possible or not and advantage and disadvantage.

It's quite possible to go from RELENG_6 to 7.0-RELEASE via the traditional
csup/buildworld cycle. Take a backup, as *always*. If the machine is remote, have someone prepared to go there ASAP if there is a problem. Be sure and "mergemaster -p". However, I don't recall much trouble ... aside from rebuilding all ports. In some cases, 'twas easier to "make deinstall" and then rebuild or even pkg_add.

Kevin Kinsey
--
Lee's Law:
        Mother said there would be days like this,