2008/7/30 Gerard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> On Wed, 30 Jul 2008 12:53:21 -0300
> Agus <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> >Hi guys,
> >
> >I'v been delaying the installed ports upgrade cause i was testing my
> >server and now that it it in production i wanted to upgrade them and
> >find it impossible...
> >
> >I am running
> > uname -a
> >FreeBSD everest.himalaya.network 6.1-RELEASE FreeBSD 6.1-RELEASE #0:
> >Mon May 21 19:48:05 ART 2007
> >
> >I did a cvsup to update all ports which did it successfully...then
> >installed portmanager and portsaudit....
> >
> >did a pkg_version -v and find the outdated ports, like sec, mysql and
> >more....
> >
> >Now while trying to update with
> >
> >portmanager sysutils/rsync -l -ui -f
> >#Then also tried without the f
> >
> >get this errors:
> >---------------------------------
> >
> >portmanager 0.4.1_9
> >
> > perl-5.8.8_1                        /lang/perl5.8
> >    make Strike 2
> >
> >it gets like its looping while updating perl....
> >For what i saw, portmanager seems to try to update all dependencies
> >too..and is failing in that....
> >
> >Something similar happened while trying to update apache22
> >
> >Its my first try updating/upgrading ports...and it was hard to find a
> >doc explaining this....i mean..there are lots of docs but each with
> >different methods...
> >
> >Well, hope you can give me a jhand..
>
> I use portmanager myself occasionally. They this:
>
> 1) Update your ports tree
> 2) Run: portmanager -u -l -y -p
>
> If it fails again, look in the log file (/var/log/portmanager.log) and
> see what it says. You can post the error message back here.
>

> --
> Gerard
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> Convention is the ruler of all.
>
>        Pindar

Hi mate,

I update the ports tree with cvsup ports-file...
all ok
but when i did
portmanager -u -l -y -p

i starts, but then it has to remove some ports and one of that ports is
portmanager itself so it cores.....:(
so weird...Its really difficult to update the ports....i dont even wanna
know to pass to rel 7....

Dunno how to do it really...

Will have to remove all ports installed and then update ports and reinstall
them? what would happen to my confs...?

Thanks,
Agustin