On Wed, 20 Aug 2008 11:55:45 +1000
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Hi, I am having a problem accessing some sites from Freebsd 6.2 in either
> firefox or Opera. I looked around for some advice on this on the net, found
> some pages mentioning this as a problem when Freebsd was running on the
> machine
>
> acting as the gateway  and the machines trying to access the sites were
> Windows
> or Mac. But my case is this
>
> my set up:   Laptop(FreeBSD 6.2) -> netgearFVS318 router-> ADSL modem (set
> up as  bridge)

gday :)
i'm on FBSD7, ipfw local firewall , dlink router, iinet, Sydney - no problems
getting to commbank.

We used to have similar issues when running a 6.x gateway behind a SHDSL line.
The issue was the MSS was too high - i had to run an ipfw divert rule to
net/tcpmssd process to fix this. It was affecting mainly traffic coming from
IIS hosts (no idea why :P ).

HIH,
{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

I used to hate weddings; all the Grandmas would poke me and
say, "You're next sonny!" They stopped doing that when i
started to do it to them at funerals.

Warned.