Colin Brace <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> I use portsnap to keep the port tree of my FreeBSD 7 box up to date.
> According to portaudit, which I run nightly, there is a problem with the
> current version of libxml2. So, as usual, I run  "sudo portsnap fetch &&
> sudo portsnap update", and then:
>
> $ cd /usr/ports/textproc/libxml2
> $ sudo make deinstall
> $ sudo make reinstall clean
>
> But this last command results in an error:
>
> ===>  libxml2-2.6.32 has known vulnerabilities:
> => libxml2 -- two vulnerabilities.
>    Reference:
> <http://www.FreeBSD.org/ports/portaudit/d71da236-9a94-11dd-8f42-001c2514716c.html>
> => Please update your ports tree and try again.
>
> It would appear that the port has not yet been updated. Is this some
> temporary glitch? Otherwise, the approach I use is not very robust, since I
> have now managed to deinstall a library upon which a dozen or so programs
> depend. However, this is the first time this has happened.
>
> Comments, suggestions most welcome.

Hi Colin,

I hit  a similar difficulty with cups-base a few days ago.  Matthew
Seaman suggested this as a way of getting the dodgy port to install,
which I used because I *really* needed to print something:-

 portupgrade -m "DISABLE_VULNERABILITIES=yes" cups-base

Lo and behold, within 6 hours of my re-installing the vulnerable port,
the port was fixed and I upgraded to that

hth

Glyn