On Sun, Oct 26, 2008 at 4:08 PM, Daniel Bye
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 26, 2008 at 09:18:25PM +0100, Rada alive wrote:
>> > I have seen a "How to" about this but I have a problem, i set the console
>> > to insecure, so when I try to do the step of the "how to" i get a message
>> > to input the root password or Ctrl-D to enter in multiuser mode.
>>
>> What happened to just booting into single-user mode and issuing passwd?
>
> The OP made a point of letting us know that he has marked his console
> `insecure' in /etc/ttys. In order to even get a shell in single user,
> he needs the root password.

As far as I know, from my previous Linux experience, you just need a
LiveCD in order to boot the PC, mount the / partition, edit
/etc/passwd or /etc/shadow and change the hash for one that correspond
to one we know. Perhaps you can make it in every UNIX.
--
----
Mauricio López