On Sat, 2008-11-08 at 09:33 +0100, Wojciech Puchar wrote:
> > On Fri, Nov 07, 2008 at 10:52:08PM -0800, Mike Price wrote:
> >> Hello guys,
> >>
> >> Is there a port like Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator for FreeBSD?
> >> I would like to move to FreeBSD as soon as possible.
> >
> > You could try the gimp for manipulating bitmap images. For creating
> > vector images, try either inkscape or xaralx. They're all in ports.
> >
> i have a friend that do offset printing.
>
> he have to use windoze and photoshop for only one reason - gimp doesn't
> support editing CMYK images

Actually it does have limited support. I do printing myself, and I
refuse to use M$ crap.

To be able to do the job I use Gimp for some editing (making sure to use
the CMYK ICC) and it will save in a RGB format. I then use scribus with
the same ICC to save in CMYK and final layout. It works very well in
fact.

Consider Gimp like Photoshop and Scribus like Illustrator. For help and
tips try meet the gimp, he offers an podcast in tips and tricks in Gimp
(and sometimes compares them to Photoshop methods).

Good luck :)