At 06:45 AM 11/10/2008, Christer Solskogen wrote:
I have a server with a em interface. Whenever the server has a high load
(compiling world for instance) the network connectivity is lost.

dmesg tells me this:
em0: link state changed to DOWN
em0: link state changed to UP
em0: link state changed to DOWN
em0: link state changed to UP
em0: link state changed to DOWN
em0: link state changed to UP
em0: link state changed to DOWN
em0: link state changed to UP
em0: link state changed to DOWN
em0: link state changed to UP

Do anyone have a tips for how to workaround this or is the server just junk?

The server is running FreeBSD 7.0 (i386) with latest patches from
freebsd-update.

--
chs

Check your switch and the wiring. I use em drivers and hardware without issues.

        -Derek

believed to be clean.