My unofficial take on it is that limewire is a peer-to-peer sharing
application used by Windows, Mac OS X and Linux users to share files,
usually music, often copyrighted, over the internet.  It is one of the
fastest, most effective ways to spread viruses, trojans, spyware, etc.

that's my client's problem not mine ;) viruses don't work under FreeBSD.

The program does not use fixed ports, so the services are hard to block.  In

as all my LANs uses nat, and i actually don't want to block it, i use
natd with lots of redirect_port options.

i give 3 ports to every user, most of that programs allows to specify what ports are 1:1 mapped to outside.

at least bittorrent compatible things.

torrent-compatible P2P programs are most usable of them. IMHO the only usable.