Paul B. Mahol writes:

>  Simple solution:
>  Pay them or someone to do it for you, or hack it yourself, or
>  wait for it little longer.

        Given nVidia has offered to write and maintain a driver ... if
we're going this route, the correct solution is to pay someone to
make the changes nVidia wants in the kernel. I don't understznd the
vm system, but it's possible others might find those improvements
useful as well.
        I'm not prepared to spec the project or organize the
contributions; I _would_ probably be willing to make a donation.

                                Robert Huff