On Dec 19, 2008, at 11:10 AM, James Tanis wrote:

To answer your question, I don't believe smartd is sophisticated enough to filter out specific errors. It's meant to warn you at the first sign of drive failure so you will have time to replace the drive. It doesn't exactly provide a meter of how imminent drive failure is. If your going to start ignoring it's advice it isn't going to be very useful to you at all.

I beg to differ. "smartctl -H /dev/ad8" says that it passes its self- assessment and doesn't expect the drive to flat-out die any day soon. I'd still like to know if the error count increased, or if it started to detect imminent failure.
--
Kirk Strauser