I have a personal network behind a FreeBSD firewall running IPFW.  It's been
working fine for years, but as I'm getting more mobile in my work I'd like
to be able to access my network while traveling.

At work the problem is solved with an IPSEC VPN client that I run to connect
to the appropriate server.  As I looked through my normal traveling gear my
laptop (Windows XP Pro) and handheld (iPaq 211) both seem to have IPSEC
clients built in.

Can someone point me to a VPN for dummies documentation so I can set up my
firewall to also provide me an access point for me to connect to my home
network while I'm travelling?

I've looked through the handbook, but it seems to only discuss the old KAME
version of IPSEC and also doesn't appear to apply to my situation where the
client will have some random IP address.

I appreciate any pointers to HOWTO documents, books or other references that
might be of use to further my education.

Joe.