On Jan 13, 2009, at 9:54 AM, Grant Peel wrote:
A couple of more questions if anyone has the time.

1. I have been searching for a iTunes client. i.e. a player that I can play my iTunes on. Does such a thing exist?

Mplayer and xine should understand and be able to play unprotected AAC files. A more complete list is available here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advanced_Audio_Coding#Other_software_media_players

Is there an iTunes client that can connect to the iTunes store?

Not aside from iTunes itself, no. If you are interested in seeing a Linux or BSD version of iTunes, consider filing an enhancement request against https://bugreport.apple.com....

2. I want to import my Oulook express folders to Thinderbird. I know it can be done on windows, but when I try the impirt feature (running Thunderbord on FreeBSD), there is no option to do this. Is there a way?

Aside from doing the import on Windows? Unix versions of T'bird have no knowledge of Microsoft's PST files, but I suppose you could upload your Outlook email to an IMAP server and then download those messages normally from there.

Regards,
--
-Chuck