Da Rock wrote:
On Fri, 2009-01-09 at 09:53 -0500, Grant Peel wrote:
Hi Mike,

I am not at all sure whate you are suggesting here?

What I am asking, is, somehting like:

Can I reboot the machine with the FreeBSD install disk, and using the sysinstall utility, reinstall the freebsd boot manger so I wind up with:

F1 Windows
F2 FreeBSD
F5 Disk1

-Grant

Not a chance- why do you think you have to install Window$ first? Gates
and his cronies aren't going to make it easy for you to install free
software, and so they make it as hard as possible hoping you'll install
Window$ and give up.
That is completely off the wall wrong. You can install FreeBSD first and then Windows and you CAN fix the boot issue yourself with the cd OR you can add it to windows loader. you're just wrting the bootsector. not hard to do.
I haven't heard of anywhere that any of the freeloaders (pardon the pun)
that can boot a M$ system- only paid for software like Bootmagic. Or use
the M$ loader in window$ to boot other systems- strange that it should
be able to do that, but then most of the OSS is KISS based rather than
the rigmarole M$ go to.

Again, I could be outdated and/or wrong on this, but I doubt it has
changed.