Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 01:46:18 +0200
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
From: Uldis Mikelsons <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Installing fresh system onto IDE RAID Sil 0680

Hi *,

I am trying to install 4.7/5.0 to system with IDE RAID. Both IDE disks are on IDE "Raid" controller using Silicon 0680 chip, in controller bios I created setup so that both disks shall be in one mirror set. Starting install, sysinstall see only two different IDE devices (ad4/ad5), so far that is bit suspicious, but anyway fine with me, installation goes on to ad4. After fine installation I am trying to set up raid:

atacotnrol create RAID ad4 ad5

after that , booting .. and kernel doesn't see where from to boot .. ar0 seems to be inaccessable or doesn't contain anything bootabl'e .. eg previoously boot device were ad4s1e (or soemthing like that .. ) assumably ar0s1e should be what must be used .. using it crashes system.

What is right procedure to install to such IDE RADI controller FreeBSD system ?

wbr
Uldis

To Unsubscribe: send mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with "unsubscribe freebsd-questions" in the body of the message