On Thu, 19 Mar 2009, Charles Howse wrote:

On Mar 19, 2009, at 2:13 PM, Adam Vandemore wrote:

I just noticed the description in the man page for freebsd-update:

..."Note that updates are only available if they are being built for the FreeBSD release and architecture being used; in particular, the FreeBSD Security Team only builds updates for releases shipped in binary form by the FreeBSD Release Engineering Team, e.g., FreeBSD 6.1-RELEASE and FreeBSD 6.2-RC1, but not FreeBSD 6.2-STABLE or FreeBSD 7.0-CURRENT."
Is this saying that I can't get a binary upgrade for 6.4-STABLE?

That is exactly what it's saying.

(You would not believe how long the make world process takes on a Pentium 200!!)

I believe it; been there! I seem to recall it went something like 'start the buildworld and go to bed'.

--
Chris Hill               ch...@monochrome.org
**                     [ Busy Expunging <|> ]