On Sun, 29 Mar 2009, Barnaby Scott wrote:
Thanks for all the ideas about where to download/install custom apps -
the one that appeals most at this stage is a jail, partly because I have
never played with them, and I think I should progress my learning in
that direction. However I find the other answers very useful insights
too. Given that winetricks calls itself a 'quick and dirty script',
along with the fact that the current wine port doesn't work,

Today's updated wine-1.1.18,1 port works now.