hello,I have tried the way how you suggested. But unfortunately iam getting
same error.today i tried to install by plugging HDD as primary master and cdrom
and primary slave.I tried to install.During install a new problem of
/dev/ad0s1a on /mnt : input/output error appears,,can you help me in solving
this so that i can install freebsd. Original message From:Wojciech Puchar<
woj...@wojtek.tensor.gdynia.pl >Date: 30 Mar 09 20:16:00Subject:Re: installing
freebsd 7.1 ( error mounting /dev/acd0 input/outputerror)To: Kevin Kinsey
CD/DVD DMA problems are commontryset hw.ata.atapidma=0 bootafter getting to
bootloader prompt (6)On Mon, 30 Mar 2009, Kevin Kinsey wrote:> ajeesh joseph
wrote: >>Hello,I was installing freebsd 7.0/7.1to my Ampro RB700,celeron>>
processor,usb hdd 80gb using my CD drive.during the time of installation i>>
get error "error mounting /dev/acd0 input/output error" >> could any one tell
me how to solve this and how can i install the>> OS..regardsAjeesh> > /dev/a
 cd0 is your CDROM drive. > > Try using a different CD for starters ... (a >
2nd copy) ... if that doesn't work, it might > be a bad CDROM drive. > > HTH, >
A. Einstein > >  > freebsdquesti...@freebsd.org mailing list >
send any mail to "freebsdquestionsunsubscr...@freebsd.org" > >
any mail to "freebsdquestionsunsubscr...@freebsd.org" Get Yourself a cool,
short @in.com Email ID now!