Charles Howse skrev:

On Mar 28, 2009, at 11:51 PM, Olivier Nicole wrote:

Hi,

Webalizer is doing what it's supposed to with httpd-access.log, but
when I give it the error log to process is coughs, spits and spills
out errors with no data processed.  My research hasn't turned up a
good solution for webalizer and -error.log.

The format of error log is pretty much different from the format of
transfer log. No wonder webalizer is not liking it. You may have to
write your own format for th error log.

Well, can anyone suggest a port that will parse the error.log and output it to a web page that's easy to read?

Also, in httpd.conf what level of detail should I set in the error.log to get the most information. It's currently set to 'warn', which I understand to be 'warn' and everything more critical than that. I don't care about the size of the log, or the amount of garbage per line.

Hi Charles,

I don't know if this will help you but try looking at Lire (logreport.org).

For just collecting and web-based viewing phplogcon from www.phplogcon.org can be used.

/R