On Apr 28, 2009, at 2:29 PM, Tom Worster wrote:

On 4/28/09 3:14 PM, "Charles Howse" <cho...@charter.net> wrote:

Can anyone see anything that I've commented that I'll be sorry for?
Can anyone suggest any more testing I should do?

unfortunately i can't but i'd like to ask you to tell us, once you're done
with removing modules, how much memory you saved relative to where you
started.

i'm curious because i went through a similar exercise not long ago and would
be interested to compare notes.

OK, here we go:
With Apache running on the development machine, modules commented as in my first post --
CPU:  0.8% user,  0.0% nice,  0.4% system,  0.8% interrupt, 98.1% idle
Mem: 27M Active, 139M Inact, 64M Wired, 11M Cache, 34M Buf, 648K Free
Swap: 512M Total, 60K Used, 512M Free

Apache running on the same machine without any modules commented except mod_ssl --
CPU:  0.8% user,  0.0% nice,  0.8% system,  0.4% interrupt, 98.1% idle
Mem: 27M Active, 134M Inact, 64M Wired, 13M Cache, 34M Buf, 3584K Free
Swap: 512M Total, 60K Used, 512M Free

I just ran 'top' after starting httpd to get these figures, maybe I should have done something different? 'bout the only thing that makes sense to me is I have more Free Memory when commenting all those modules.
What is the list's opinion on this?