Hi everyone,

I'm starting to build a new dedicated MySQL server. I will be using FreeBSD 7.2-REL. My plan is to jail the latest version of MySQL 5.0 and to put the MySQL data outside the jail. My objective is to be able to update MySQL without down time. My objective would be to create another up to date MySQL jail and when I'm ready to make the switch, just point the new jail to the data outside the jail using something like a nullfs mount.

Is someone using something like this?

Did someone have any advice about how to update a MySQL server without down time?

Did someone have any advice on how to tune a dedicated MySQL server running FreeBSD 7.2 (Dual core Xeon, 4G RAM, mirror RAID on a PERC5 controler 2x146G 15K)?

Thanks everyone for sharing your precious knowledge :)

Martin