Michael K. Smith - Adhost wrote:
>> is there a way to have FreeBSD work as BGP router and/or at least
>> failover between 2 different ISPs?
>>
> I, as some random guy on the Internet, would recommend Quagga and, yes, it
> will work with 2+ ISP's on single device (server).  It's well established and
> in use for transit-facing Internet connections.

I, also as some random guy on the Internet, concur with Mike.

I've got numerous FreeBSD/Quagga boxes that have dozens of BGP sessions,
peering and transit.

The primary reason I chose Quagga was it's similarity with Cisco in
regards to the CLI (and it works with RANCID).

If you want true failover between two ISPs, you want BGP.

Steve