On Thu, 4 Jun 2009 19:21:01 +0200 (CEST), Wojciech Puchar
<woj...@wojtek.tensor.gdynia.pl> wrote:
> > PS Does _anyone_ prefer info manuals, apart from Stallman?
> >
> I don't, it's much easier to just type man something than browsing through
> big document

As far as I know, info doesn't let you search document-wide
(including all subsections, branches and crossreferences)
while man documents - being ONE document - let's you do this.

Furthermore, it's quite easy to turn a a manpage into a nice
looking PS / PDF file for printing and archiving.

zcat `man -w <COMMAND>` | groff -Tps -dpaper=a4 -P-pa4 -mandoc | ps2pdf -
man.pdf

I'm not sure you can do this with info based manuals...

--
Polytropon
>From Magdeburg, Germany
Happy FreeBSD user since 4.0