--- On Tue, 6/16/09, Tim Judd <taj...@gmail.com> wrote:

> From: Tim Judd <taj...@gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: Cannot login as root, exited on signal 11
> To: "Unga" <unga...@yahoo.com>
> Cc: freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, mai...@bzerk.org
> Date: Tuesday, June 16, 2009, 10:10 PM
> su -l discards the previous
> environment and loads a new environment.
> It's as if you're "logging in" as root (-l)
>
> running su without -l will elevate your priveledges without
> this same
> problem, you keep the same shell.  Fix your shell
> problems via this
> way (or single user as originally described), and be
> careful next
> time.

Hi Tim, thanks for the reply. I have not identified yet the problem to be
solved.

If you refer that I use bash for root is the problem, there is no difference by
switching root's shell to sh.

With sh as the shell for root:
1. Still cannot login as root from the console. Child process died error.

2. "su -l" doesn't work, child process died error.

3. su works. But the prompt is [...@host name]#
Why it doesn't print r...@host? whoami shows root.

What is the problem you think that I should fix? any ideas? any thread related
error as the child process die when in root?

Best regards
Unga