The problem is not restricted to firefox or yahoo.com. There are other sites too where this happens. I built Galeon from ports, and it shows exactly the same behaviour as firefox2/firefox3 for those sites. So does Epiphany (installed from the distribution media).

Hi,

This seems to be a strange problem with Firefox which I never encountered on my
old system. Both Firefox2 and Firefox3 work well the other sites I have tried
accessing, but crash on navigating to www.yahoo.com

/usr/home/emmjanex # firefox3 http://www.yahoo.com &
[1] 2668
/usr/home/emmjanex # NP_Initialize
New
SetWindow
SetWindow
NewStream
WriteReady
Write
decoding...
The program 'firefox-bin' received an X Window System error.
The error was 'BadImplementation (server does not implement operation)'.
  (Details: serial 31 error_code 17 request_code 140 minor_code 5)

[1]+  Exit 1                  firefox3 http://www.yahoo.com

There is nothing relevant to the crash in Xorg.0.log or console.log

--
Regards
Manish Jain

Laast year I kudn't spell Software Engineer. Now I are won.