On Sat, 18 Jul 2009 00:57:57 -0700, per...@pluto.rain.com wrote:
> I suspect the real concern is not that the upgrade itself will
> wreck something, but that the upgraded FF may do something odd
> the first time it is fired up :(

That's possible. At least, I don't think FF 3.x -> 3.y will
have such an impact. When I updated Opera, my favourite web
browser, I didn't have problems with bookmarks, cookies,
certificates and other stuff, but that doesn't imply anything
to Firefox.

Only solution: Trial and error. :-)

> One hopes that backing up ~/.mozilla would cover it.

It does. In worst case, restore older Firefox and keep using
the working settings. Otherwise, try to "translate" changed
settings to the new Firefox version.

--
Polytropon
>From Magdeburg, Germany