On Sun, Sep 13, 2009 at 6:15 PM, Chris Maness <ch...@chrismaness.com> wrote:
> I level 0 dump of my server.  I lost a file that I need back.  Is it
> possible to use restore like tar and explode it into a directory
> instead of a pristine partition/mount?  Or even better, is it possible
> to just extract a single file without exploding the whole tape dump?
>
> Sorry if the question seems stupid.
>
> Chris KQ6UP

Sorry, I was reading the restore man from my mac, and it was not as
clear.  The restore does not seem to work from my mac (this is where
my backup dumps reside as I have two massive HDs).  I guess the mac
restore would only work with HFS+ and not UFS.  I guess the only way
would be to move the massive dump file back over to the FreeBSD
server.

Thanks,
Chris KQ6UP