I need to install zlib (not zlibc), and AFACT it is not included in ports. When I look at the zlib web site, I see that there are several (not a lot, but several) dependencies for the installation -- and I think, "OH NO, NOT DEPENDENCIES!" Or something like that.

I blame it on ports. They have made me lazy. I am a victim. ;-)

Anyway, and more to the point, am I missing something? Is zlib really not included in ports? If not, is there an automated/semi-automated means of installing it -- or am I back to the old days of installing dependencies manually?

(I have had two servers go toes up in three days, so if I've missed the obvious here, well, it wouldn't surprise me. Just administer clue in the standard manner, and I'll get with the program.)