On Wed, 14 Oct 2009, jgro...@es.net wrote:
nVidia support on i386 FreeBSD is not much better. One can use an nVidia
card with 7.1 but under 7.2 one hits the dreaded mtrr error. A Google
search finds many posts on how to fix this but none of them seem to work.
I could be wrong but nVidia does not seem to be very interested in working
with the FreeBSD project to address these problems. ATI also seems to have
a problem with mtrr under 7.2. I'm still trying to sort this out. I hope
8.0 will address these problems.

All of my cards are ATI and I don't know of the "mtrr" problem you're talking about. This X1650 works fine on i386 with both 7-STABLE and 8-STABLE.