Thank you. I took a look. I was just wondering if this was a known bug, is it normal, etc.

Maciej Milewski wrote:
Dnia wtorek 17 listopad 2009 o 15:18:22 David Jackson napisaƂ(a):
I have a USB hard drive.  Whenever I open two programs which utilise the
USB hard drive simultaneously, these programs, i assume when they
attempt to write to the hard drive lock up due to what i suspect must be
some issue with the USB driver and perhaps a deadlock involving multiple
concurrent accesses to the drive. When they attempt to access the drive
the programs can lock up for several minutes before being unblocked.
When only one program is using the drive this behaviour does not seem to
occur.

It seems most likely that this is a USB level problem involving the USB
drivers. I am using FreeBSD 7.1. It is annoying behaviour to say the
least and I wonder what can be done about it, and if this issue is being
addressed, perhaps in the recent redesign of the USB code. It seems to
be a pretty consistent issue, happening with multiple installs of
FreeBSD and different drives.

Thank you.
I forgot to attach a link with information about this new stack. Some you can find at http://ivoras.sharanet.org/freebsd/freebsd8.html