On 12/12/2009 12:30 PM, Maxim Khitrov wrote:
On Sat, Dec 12, 2009 at 12:06 PM, Robert Fitzpatrick<rob...@webtent.com>  wrote:
I found posts about this and a possible solution is to disable APIC by
adding hint.apic.0.disabled=1 to /boot/loader.conf. But after doing so, it
booted to the mountroot prompt and would not recognize my ufs:/dev/da0s1a
partition when tried. I went to FixIt and removed the line from the
loader.conf file and it boots fine. I do have some other things to help the
pgsql db on this server in the loader.conf file, are they interfering?

pgsql# cat /boot/loader.conf
kern.ipc.semmni=32
kern.ipc.semmns=512
hint.apic.0.disabled=1
Add kern.hz="100" to loader.conf.

- Max

Thanks for the suggestion, but i added to the loader.conf file, but the kernel would not even load then, let alone getting to any prompt including mountroot :(