On 12/15/2009 9:38 AM, Jacques Manukyan wrote:
On Sat, 12 Dec 2009 12:06:18 -0500, Robert Fitzpatrick <rob...@webtent.com> wrote:

I found posts about this and a possible solution is to disable APIC by adding hint.apic.0.disabled=1 to /boot/loader.conf. But after doing so, it booted to the mountroot prompt and would not recognize my ufs:/dev/da0s1a partition when tried. I went to FixIt and removed the line from the loader.conf file and it boots fine. I do have some other things to help the pgsql db on this server in the loader.conf file, are they interfering?

pgsql# cat /boot/loader.conf
kern.ipc.semmni=32
kern.ipc.semmns=512
hint.apic.0.disabled=1

Try putting:

kern.hz="50"

in your /boot/loader.conf

Thanks, that worked. I removed the hint.apic.0.disabled line and put the kern.hz line back in except this time with 50 instead of 100 and it boots and seems to be keeping time now fine. Since I am a programmer and not a system admin, not sure what this does and would like to know, what is the kern.hz telling FreeBSD?

I run multiple FreeBSD servers inside VMWare and I don't have this problem. Are you running VMWare workstation? Or ESX/ESXi?

I am running VMware Server 2.0...thanks again.