On 12/21/2009 10:22 AM, Steve Polyack wrote:

I loaded ESXi and a FreeBSD 8.0 guest last night and this morning it
is still keeping time OK without any changes to loader.conf.

I'm trying to test this out now without openntpd, but with kern.hz=100
still set.  You will definitely want kern.hz=100 or something lower than
the default of 1000, otherwise your guests will use up a decent portion
of your hosts CPU time, even when idle.  Try it and see the difference.

Yes, I see the difference using 100, thanks.

I guess we're not able to install vmware-tools for 8.0 since the install does not find a FreeBSD8.0 kernel module? Not that I used them much on VMware Server, I was curious if they work any better on ESXi for FreeBSD8.0. Had to make changes to the script used to restart before and it didn't show IP, etc. I assume this hasn't changed though?

--Robert