Just to give a quick overview of what is being used currently:

test# du -sch etc
1.7M    etc
1.7M    total
test# du -sch var
1.0M    var
1.0M    total
test# du -sch tmp
10K    tmp
10K    total
test# du -sch usr
1.0G    usr
1.0G    total

I think I could get away with 500MB for /var and /tmp and have /usr as 2 or 3GB??

What's everyone's verdict?

Also I didn't realize and forgot to mention before that NFS on BSD won't export /home but instead exports the link in /usr/home..... as I had issues with "bad exports line /home" in /var/log/messages!

In addition I edited my rc.conf file to include these extra lines as per Google; what's everyone's opinion on them though as I'm a little unsure of what they do (indicated with *):

inetd_enable="YES"
keymap="us.iso"
nfs_server_enable="YES"
*nfs_server_flags="-u -t -n 4"
rpcbind_enable="YES"
*rpcbind_flags="-r"
sshd_enable="YES"
named_enable="YES"
mountd_enable="YES"
ntpd_enable="YES"

Finally for Bind I don't get why everything has been stuffed into named.conf??? In terms of all root servers etc.... Linux is very different in that a separate dir is created with separate file for root servers. Is there any particular reason for this??

--Kaya